Big Chili Cook-Off 2013
Welcome Chili Fans!
12th Annual Big Chili Cook-off, Music & Arts Festival
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Evergreen Lake House, Evergreen, Colorado
The Big Chili Cook-off, Music and Arts Festival welcomes artists from the arts and crafts mediums, exhibiting their own, their family, or company handmade works of art. We are seeking quality, originality and creativity. Our goal is to produce an art show with handmade products. We strictly limit but may accept some imported work by specific invitation from the art committee. Work which is produced in mass production or manufactured from a commercial mold, pattern or kit will not be accepted. Approximately 35 artists will be accepted after a jury process.
HOW TO ENTER
- Submit this application with a copy of your sales tax license. Include your check made payable to: Big Chili, Inc. for the booth fee
10 x 10 inside $125 - or Early Bird Rate of $100 if received by May 1, 2013 ___
10 x 10 outside $115 - or Early Bird Rate of $90 if received by May 1, 2013 ___
- Checks will be deposited upon acceptance by August 10, or returned with a notification letter. The fee for insufficient funds is $30. There is no jury fee.
- When you have sent your application and fee, email digital photos of your work and your booth presentation to Art Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Booth assignments will be made mid-August at which time you will be sent a map showing your booth space, the time you will be expected for set-up and a park entry pass to get in early.
- Please mail application and check to: Big Chili, Inc., Box 3667, Evergreen, Colorado 80437. Make checks payable to: Big Chili, Inc.
- Due Date – all applications must be RECEIVED by August 1, 2013 and will be treated on a first come, first served basis for inside/outside preference.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Members of the Big Chili, Inc. Art Committee will jury all applications for the Art Show. Entries will be considered on work pictured in the slides or photos. Participation in previous shows does not guarantee acceptance. No conversation will be entered into regarding the decision of the jury.
- Acceptance/Rejection/Wait list letters will be mailed, no later than, August 10, 2013. Slides will be returned with notification letters, along with the undeposited booth fee.
- Cancellations will be accepted up to August 20, 2013 with a full refund of booth fees. Cancellations must be made in writing or by personal contact with the Art Show Coordinator.
- Space assignments will be disclosed at check-in. There is no rain date and no refunds for inclement weather. A 10’ x 10’ tent must be included with set-up for outside booths.
EXHIBIT SPACE AND RULES
- NO ANIMALS allowed on the property or at the show! Please leave your pets at home.
- Eleven freestanding booths are located inside the Evergreen Lake House. Approximately 24 booth sites are located outside the Lake House. Booth set-up may begin after check-in on Sunday at 7:00 a.m. until 9:30 a.m. You will receive parking and unloading instructions prior to the event.
- Booth space is 10 feet x 10 feet. All art, personal belongings, chairs etc must be contained within this space.
- No nails may be driven into the wood or carpeted floors. Exhibitors must clean up their space at the end of the show. Tents must be erected outside so that artists are prepared for rain, wind, and sun. Electricity is available for a $25 fee, but artists must provide necessary extension cords.
- Artists should personally be in attendance in their booths throughout the show. It is advisable to bring an assistant who will be able to move your vehicle in a timely manner as soon as it is unloaded.
- Exhibitors are encouraged to demonstrate how their crafts are created.
- Artists are responsible for their own 10 x 10 booth and its set-up and take-down. Security is minimal.
- Sales tax in the amount of 4.6% must be collected on each sale. Each exhibitor is required to have a Colorado Sales Tax license, and is responsible for filing fees with the state.
- All artists are asked to donate an item for the Silent Auction that will be on display during the Art Show. The proceeds of the Silent Auction are donated to the firefighter’s fund. The Silent Auction also serves as an advertisement for the show and artists.
- All proceeds from the Big Chili go to six area fire districts (Elk Creek, Evergreen, Indian Hills, Inter-Canyon, North Fork and Platte Canyon) and the Blue Spruce Kiwanis Foundation.
Big Chili website: www.bigchili.org
Art Show Coordinator: email@example.com
For being a part of the 12th Annual Big Chili Cook-Off, Music and Arts Festival!
Big Chili, Inc. is a Colorado 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Corporation